Heikin Ashi Smoothed is a type of candlestick chart designed to improve the discovery of trends and predict of future prices of securities. Many traders need help in locating trends amid an often erratic market. The A candlestick is simply a price chart which displays the high, low, open, and close positions for a security over a specified period of time. The period of time for can be in minutes, hours, days, etc.
A Heiken Ashi chart is constructed like any regular candlestick chart with the exception of the addition of new values.The time series used is defined by the user. The chart includes a series of filled and unfilled bars on a graph. Negative time on the chart is represented by filled bars. Positive time on the chart is represented by empty bars. The final step for calculating trends is to follow the standard equations for candlestick equations.
Heiken Ashi Smoothed newer version of Heiken Ashi tailored specifically for the commodity and equity markets. It has many of the same features but there are two important differences in Heiken Ashi. The differences between the two is: (1)It smoothed the open, close, high and low prices of the security. (2) The candlesticks are also smoothed in the forecast. The formula for Smoothed is:
Open = MVA(MVA(OPEN, N1)[-1] + MVA(CLOSE, N1) / 2, N2)
Close = MVA(MVA(OPEN, N1) + MVA(CLOSE, N1) + MVA(HIGH, N1) + MVA(LOW, N1)/ 2, N2)
High = MAX(open, close, MVA(HIGH, N1), N2)
Low = MIN(open, close, MVA(LOW, N1), N2)
There are five major indicators of trends when using Heiken Ashi (Smoothed) Candlestick:
1. A Hollow candle may indicate an upward trend. Let it Ride! The looks like the good times are here again! Be prepared to change direction.
2. A Hollow candle with no lower shadow indicates a strong upward trend. Get ready for liftoff! Exit short positions and enter long positions.
3. A Small Single Candle surrounded by upper and lower shadows indicates a negative or positive trend change. A risk-lovers domain. The market could go either way so; most traders will wait for more information before they make their next move.
4. A Filled Candle indicates a downward change. Proceed with caution. Exit long positions and enter short positions.
5. A Filled Candle with no higher shadows indicates a strong downward trend. Brace for impact! The negative trend will be substantial for the investor.
Traders can program Heiken Ashi Smoothed in various trading programing software programs such MetaTrader. Results can be analyzed by the trader using a variety of spreadsheet programs like Microsoft Excel.
Heiken Ashi Smoothed candlestick chart an extremely useful tool for making candlestick charts more readable. Identifying trends in the market makes locating opportunities easier for a trader. This chart is constructed in the same way as a normal candlestick chart, with one important exception. It includes a set of the modified bar formulas. When properly executed, this technique can helps traders spot trends and trend changes before the rest of the market.